I feel the words we share will never fully portray the amount of gratitude my heart holds for you and our irreplaceable friendship. You are about to begin a new wild endeavor, a new chapter in your amazing story. Which forces me to begin a new chapter of mine as well. What am I supposed to do?! No more pointless starbucks runs to ramble on about nothing, no more nights where we almost pass out from just laughing at each other. Those are the best moments, the small moments. You are my balance. You have taught me more than you even know. You have blessed me with habits that I needed desperately to develop. Just in case you’re not completely aware, this is what you taught me:
- To love people unconditionally. You have a huge heart, larger than most. You use it to love others fully and it really is a powerful thing.
- Read books, and learn from them. It’s safe to say you got me hooked on reading. I never thought I’d be someone to say this but, getting hooked on a good book is probably one of the best feelings ever.
- Don’t give up. This is one thing I have struggled with for far too long. You have peeled me off a couch that I could of stayed on for a solid week to show me trying again is far more rewarding than just letting a dream rot away.
- Have self-discipline. (It’s actually way easier to do then I always thought). I have watched you reach your goals faster than anyone I know. You won’t stop until the work is done, or the goals been reached. For that, I’ve been inspired.
- Without your best friend(s), shit aint easy. These are the people that get you through the smallest problems, like finding the right outfit for the night out, or the big ones that you need a shoulder to cry on for. And you have been that, and you make it look easy, even though that shit aint.
- The small things really do matter. Unexpectedly bringing over food, buying me a new book to read, or spoiling me with new makeup. It really brings light into a day. Your habits rubbed off on me and now we do it for each other, and it’s crazy to see things so small have such a huge effect.
You’re not leaving indefinitely, but this is a big change for all of us. It’s a little scary, but it’s also okay. The list of things you’ve taught me is going to grow as we grow. But for now, thank you for all that you have taught me. You have set me up to have a better future for myself.